The long awaited 1.2 version of Price Comparison Pro has been released. I’ve had many requests from people for various functions to be added to this plugin, some of which were causing the delay of this plugin.
To avoid further delay, I’ve released an interim upgrade which includes the main items people were looking for including:
- Prices are now cached for 24 hours to reduce load on websites being scraped and reduce the chance of your server being blocked by botblockers
- You can now enter your own affiliate URLs for any product. On the WooCommerce product pages you will find 2 URLs – the actual URL and the affiliate URL. The actual URL is the one which will be scraped to grab the price while the affiliate URL is the one which the user will be sent to when they click. If you don’t enter an affiliate URL, it will fallback to using Skimlinks if you have a Skimlinks ID entered on the config page. Otherwise it will just link to the page, without affiliate.
- Automatic upgrades were broken – this has been fixed – to get the latest copy, please reply to your original receipt and I’ll email you the latest copy
- Display is now working better – if you don’t enter any URLs for a product, price comparison box won’t display. If you only enter 1 or 2 URLs, display is now better.
Hopefully this makes a lot of you very happy as I know you had a while to wait for this! Please comment below with anything else you’d like to see added.
Since automatic upgrades were broken in the last version, please reply to your original receipt and I’ll email you the latest copy.
Latest posts by Dave Hilditch (see all)
- My WordPress performance plugins and server stack have moved - July 31, 2016
- Price Comparison Pro 1.2 Released - July 5, 2016
- How to run backups on huge WordPress websites without your website being brought offline - February 4, 2016