A client of mine is using the Avada theme. I’m personally not a fan – they bundle a LOT of plugins with this theme and don’t allow you to update them easily meaning you’re prone to security problems.
- Click on the Layer Slider WP link in your WordPress admin area.
- Scroll down to Troubleshooting and Advanced Settings
- Disable the top option ‘Use Google CDN version of jQuery’
Here’s a screenshot of the settings I used.
Once I’d made these changes, Updraft Plus started working again along with other broken back-end functionality.
If you’re thinking about buying a theme, I’d personally recommend avoiding ThemeForest. There are some good themes in there but they are few and far between. The vast majority of themes bundle a huge amount of plugins unneccessarily and they do this in a way that makes your website insecure since you’re not notified about updates being required and are unable to perform updates.
If you’re looking to buy a theme, I recommend Themify themes or Genesis themes or any themes from the WordPress repository. There are plenty to pick from.
That’s not to say the plugins from CodeCanyon aren’t good – in particular I like the WooZone plugin – but please, avoid the themes – only pain will follow.
Latest posts by Dave Hilditch (see all)
- My WordPress performance plugins and server stack have moved - July 31, 2016
- Price Comparison Pro 1.2 Released - July 5, 2016
- How to run backups on huge WordPress websites without your website being brought offline - February 4, 2016