Choosing a niche for your affiliate website can be challenging. At times, it may seem as though every niche is covered but I can guarantee you this is definitely not the case!
You want to make money from your niche affiliate site, so it’s important that you choose a niche where users are actually going to spend money and where it’s possible to get traffic.
Here are my top pointers to help you with choosing your niche:
- You need to be passionate about your particular niche – it’s the single biggest guarantee of success
- You should choose something which is not available in the shops locally – this means your users are likely to go online looking for it from day one
- It’s probably best to avoid electronics since Amazon has this market sewn up – this doesn’t mean you can’t make money from electronics, you’ll just have to choose a much more focused niche within the electronics area in order to do so – cover something that Amazon don’t already cover
- Look at the results in Google for your niche – check out the competition and see if it’s a market there for the taking or if you have a competition on your hands
If you need specific advice, we can advise you about your niche and how to approach it. If we believe the niche is already saturated, we will advise you of this and how to tackle it.
If needed, we will advise you on how to identify a niche that you are passionate about that is available and unsaturated.
- How to create a tree of categories from a custom taxonomy - September 22, 2014
- Managing postcodes and locations with WPAllImport - September 22, 2014
- Why do affiliate merchants reject your website? - August 20, 2014