A client of mine is using the Avada theme. I’m personally not a fan – they bundle a LOT of plugins with this theme and don’t allow you to update them easily meaning you’re prone to security problems.
- Click on the Layer Slider WP link in your WordPress admin area.
- Scroll down to Troubleshooting and Advanced Settings
- Disable the top option ‘Use Google CDN version of jQuery’
Here’s a screenshot of the settings I used.
Once I’d made these changes, Updraft Plus started working again along with other broken back-end functionality.
If you’re thinking about buying a theme, I’d personally recommend avoiding ThemeForest. There are some good themes in there but they are few and far between. The vast majority of themes bundle a huge amount of plugins unneccessarily and they do this in a way that makes your website insecure since you’re not notified about updates being required and are unable to perform updates.
If you’re looking to buy a theme, I recommend Themify themes or Genesis themes or any themes from the WordPress repository. There are plenty to pick from.
That’s not to say the plugins from CodeCanyon aren’t good – in particular I like the WooZone plugin – but please, avoid the themes – only pain will follow.
He is always on at least one of his computers when he's awake, so get in touch and he'll get right back to you.
Latest posts by Dave Hilditch (see all)
- My WordPress performance plugins and server stack have moved - July 31, 2016
- Price Comparison Pro 1.2 Released - July 5, 2016
- How to run backups on huge WordPress websites without your website being brought offline - February 4, 2016